Worship & Religious Education
Our RE Subject Leader is Miss Jolliffe
Our Worship Leader is Mr Ind
Our curriculum intent for religious education is that every child will:
- consider challenging questions about the meaning and purpose of life
- understand the bible is a way of teaching human kind
- learn about and from religions and world views.
- think and communicate like a theologian
- develop a wide vocabulary to understand and talk about religion
At Cherhill C of E Primary School we use two schemes of work to enable us to do this.
These are: Understanding Christianity and Discovery RE.
Our 2021 Posada Journey
We enjoy a special time together at the start of each day.
The pattern for these is as follows:
Monday – theme and values focus: Mr Ind
Tuesday – Visiting Clergy: Rev Matt and Our Friend Pam
Wednesday – Worship through Song – aka Hymn Practice
Thursday - A member of the teaching staff
Friday - Celebration Assembly with all staff.
During the year we explore different themes and school values. More information on this can be found in the below document.