We have a hot servery in our kitchen where meals are served from. We use an award winning local school meal provider, Lataca. They provide healthy school meals, using local suppliers where possible and have been awarded the Wiltshire Council 'eat out eat well' Gold award encouraging healthy eating choices. Children have a choice of 2 hot meals or a cold option, side accompaniments and a dessert. Parents may choose which days they wish their child to have a school lunch and orders and payment is made via ParentMail.
Children may bring packed lunches to be eaten under supervision in the dining hall.
Universal Infant Free School Meals
From September 2014 all pupils in Reception (Emerald Class), Year 1 and Year 2 (Amethyst and Sapphire Classes) will be eligible for a free school meal. The legal requirement on schools will be to provide a lunchtime meal that meets the School Food Standards. Children will routinely be offered a hot meal option. School meals are healthy, tasty, social and fun and from September choosing a school lunch for your child/children will help save you up to £400 per year if you take up the offer. Meat and vegetarian options are available every day, and we can cater for children who require allergy and/or intolerance diets. For further information contact the School Office.
Free School Meals
- Income Support
- Job Seeker's Allowance (income-based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (income-related)
- support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit - providing you are NOT entitled to Working Tax Credit and your family's annual income (as assessed by HMRC) is not more than £16,190 (as at 6 April 2012)
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment you may receive for a further four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
Parents/carers who are in receipt of Income Support, Income Based Job Seekers Allowance, or Child Tax Credit, but who are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and whose annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) does not exceed £16,190, are eligible to apply to the Local Authority for free school meals for their children. Application forms are available from the school office or you can apply on line http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/schools-learning-free-school-meals.
Children may bring fruit or other healthy snacks as a mid-morning snack. KS1 children are currently provided with free fruit under the national scheme for their mid-morning snack. Children should NOT bring sweets into school. KS2 children are offered any fruit not eaten by KS1 children.