Schools work better when pupils and teachers are working together and listening to each other.
The School Council provide the ‘pupil voice’. We have 2 members from each class (Yr1-6) that have been nominated by their peers.
Miss Jolliffe the Deputy Head is responsible for chairing the termly meetings and liasing with other members of staff and governors.
What is the role of school councillor?
- Go to school council meetings and take part in discussions
- Let their class know what was discussed at the meetings
- Take the views of classmates to the School Council
- Be involved in projects that the council runs
What qualities does a school councillor need?
- Committed and determined to make a difference
- Thinking about ways to improve the school
- Looking out for issues to deal with
- Talking to pupils and staff about school council
- Caring about the school and wanting to improve it
- Listening to other pupils’ views and understanding them
- Ideas about things that the school council can do
- Learning new skills