Visits and Visitors
As part of our creative curriculum we plan in many WOW events, Super Starters, Marvellous Middles and Fabulous Finishes.
These can be in the form of visitors to school to work with the children or visits outside school to support the curriculum. These visits and/or visitors relate to our creative topics and include things like:
- Visit to Sevington Victorian School by Ruby and Pearl Classes (Y3/4) as part of their Victorian topic
- Visit to @Bristol by Amethyst and Sapphire Classes (Y1/2) as part of their topic on electricity.
- Visit to O2 with Sing-Up to take part in the Young Voices Choir.
- Visit to Natural History Museum in London with Diamond and Topaz Classes (Y5/6) as part of their topic on Dinosaurs
- Visit to The SS Great Britain by Amethyst and Sapphire Classes (Y1/2) as part of their topic on Pirates.
- Visit to Roves Farm by Amethyst and Sapphire Classes (Y1/2) as part of their topic on Farming
- Visit to Longleat by Emerald Class (FS2) as part of their topic on mini beasts
- Visit to London to see ‘War Horse’ by Diamond and Topaz Classes (Y5/6) as part of their topic on WWI
- Residential visit for Y5 to New Barn in Dorset
- Residential visit to Govilon in the Brecon Beacons for Y6
- Wiltshire Wildlife Trust (WWT) visited to help Emerald Class (FS2) with their bug hunt as part of their topic on mini beasts
- Fee’s Bees visited to help Emerald Class (FS2) learn about bees as part of their topic on mini beasts
- WWT came in to support Ruby and Pearl Classes (Y3/4) on their trip up Cherhill Downs as part of their topic on Habitats
- Bikeability visit to teach the Y6 children how to ride a bike safely in traffic
- Walk Safe visit to teach Amethyst and Sapphire Classes and Y3 children how to cross the road safely and keep safe whilst out and about
- Calne Library visit to do workshops with the children during National Children’s Book Week.
- We were visited by a story teller during World Book Day who told stories and ran workshops on The Trenches (WWI Y5/6), The Wind in the Willows (Habitats Y3/4), Pirates (Seaside Y1/2) and
- We have had visiting authors to support our topic on Dinosaurs and as part of our English curriculum.
- The life bus comes each year to support PSHE work
- As part of ‘People who Help Us’ we have had visits from the Fire Service, Police, Vets and Nurses.
Sometimes a charge is made for these visits but any contribution will be in line with the Local Authority’s charging policy.