Year 5 - Topaz
Welcome back to Term 6. I hope you had a lovely half term and managed to see the sunshine.
As ever, this term will be extremely busy with: our production (more information about parts and costumes will follow shortly), Cherhill’s got talent, transition week and the school fayre to name but a few. Between all the events we will be focusing on the topic entitled ‘Water, water everywhere’, for more information on this and other subjects please see our topic web.
As part of our BLP (Building Learning Power), this term’s ‘R’ is ‘Reflectiveness’. The children will be developing the skills in this area.
As part of Healthy Schools, could we remind you that at snack time the children should have a healthy snack (this may include fruit, vegetables and breadsticks). Some children have been eating crisps or a chocolate from their lunchboxes, so please ensure they have a separate snack, which is packed separately. Children must also bring in a drink in a bottle with a ‘sports’ top, this is essential as the days start to become warmer.
- Appropriate outdoor PE kit needs to be in school every day. Please refer to our uniform policy. Children who do not have appropriate kit (including trainers for outdoor PE) will not be allowed to take part and will be sent to another class with work. A letter will be sent home informing you, if this occurs.
- Earrings need to be removed or covered with tape for PE sessions.
- Children need to complete their work in books in appropriate blue pen (no felt-tip or coloured/gel pens) or pencil, and hand it in on the appropriate day.
- The children need to continue to take responsibility to note down their home learning each week and any other important information they need to remember in their home learning records.
- Home learning should take approximately 20/30 minutes. If your child takes longer to complete the work, please let us know as soon as possible. If it is not possible to complete home learning on the set day, please let us know via the home learning diaries, otherwise your child will have to complete home learning at lunchtime that day.
I hope you find this information useful in supporting your child in their learning. Thank you for taking the time to read our class letter Please look at all our information this term including our class pages on the school website www.cherhill.wilts.sch.uk. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Mrs Emma Addinell