At Cherhill C of E (VA) Primary School, we keep regular contact with parents/carers in the following ways.
- Class teachers operate an ‘open door policy’. This enables parents/carers the opportunity to visit their child’s classroom before and after school, for quick informal chats.
- If a longer or more formal meeting is required, please contact the office to request an appointment.
- Key Stage 1 children are given a contact book and Key Stage 2 children have a home school record book, both of which are sent home daily to help maintain dialogue between class teacher and home.
- Parent’s information evenings – for example phonics, reading, maths calculations, SATs and residential visits.
- Open mornings. This enables parents to meet the teachers.
- Parents evening. These are held three times a year.
- ‘My support plans’ for those children who require them.
- End of year reports.
- Letters containing updates of your child’s progress sent three times a year.
Information Sent out by Parentmail (electronic information system that parents can sign up to):-
- Termly planning, topic web and letter to parents from each class.
- Letters regarding trips, events, special occasions and general information.
- Termly Newsletter
- Club information.