Term 4 2018
I hope you had a restful break – we have a fun filled term ahead, with lots of exciting learning opportunities.
Our topic for this term is entitled ‘Vicious Vikings’. Please see the Topic Web for more details about what the children will be getting up to in their learning.
As part of our BLP (Building Learning Power), this term’s ‘R’ is ‘Resourcefulness’. The children will be developing a range of skills and we encourage you to talk to the children about what they are learning.
- Children need to complete their work in books in appropriate blue pen (no felt-tip or coloured/gel pens) or pencil, and hand it in on the appropriate day.
- The children need to continue to take the responsibility of noting down their home learning each week and any other important information they need to remember, in their home learning records.
- Home learning should only take approximately 20/30 minutes. If your child takes longer to complete the work, please let us know as soon as possible. If it is not possible to complete home learning on the set day, please let us know via the home learning diaries, otherwise your child will have to complete home learning at lunchtime that day.
Homework Timetable: Remember to hand in the next day.
- Monday – Spellings and Reading
- Tuesday – Reading
- Wednesday – Handwriting and Reading
- Thursday – Reading
- Friday – Brainsbusters (this should take 7 mins maximum).
The children are expected to read at least four times a week, which needs to include their Bug Club book at least twice. Please ensure their reading records are dated and initialed every time they read. Each time your child reads to someone at home and a comment is written in their reading record they will receive a reward point and a raffle ticket.
Please take time to read the class letter, timetable and topic web linked to this page to find out more about what the class will be doing this term.
A reminder that we have an open door policy at school, so please feel free to pop in to see me before or after school, or make an appointment with the office if needed.
Very best wishes,