Welcome to Topaz Class
|Teachers||Mrs Katie Spreadbury|
|Teaching Assistant||Mrs Jackie Matthews|
|PPA cover||Mrs Anita Foster-Bazin & Go-Active|
I hope you had a lovely half-term holiday. With the weather getting increasingly colder, and dare I say it – Christmas on the way, we are gearing up for a very busy term ahead!
Our topic for term two is entitled ‘Let there be Light’ .Once again we will be taking part in the Calne Lantern parade after designing and building our own lanterns in DT. If you have any resources that may support this venture please drop them into class. For more information about all the areas of learning this term please see the topic web.
As part of our BLP (Building Learning Power), this term’s ‘R’ is ‘Responsibility’. The children will be developing a range of skills and we encourage you to talk to the children about what they are learning.
- Children need to complete their work in books in appropriate blue pen (no felt-tip or coloured/gel pens) or pencil, and hand it in on the appropriate day.
- The children need to continue to take the responsibility of noting down their home learning each week and any other important information they need to remember, in their home learning records.
- Home learning should only take approximately 20/30 minutes. If your child takes longer to complete the work, please let us know as soon as possible. If it is not possible to complete home learning on the set day, please let us know via the home learning diaries, otherwise your child will have to complete home learning at lunchtime that day.
Homework Timetable: Remember to hand in the next day.
- Monday – Spellings and Reading
- Tuesday – Reading
- Wednesday – Handwriting and Reading
- Thursday – Reading
- Friday – Brainsbusters (this should take 7 mins maximum).
The children are expected to read at least four times a week, which needs to include their Bug Club book at least twice. Please ensure their reading records are dated and initialed every time they read. Each time your child reads to someone at home and a comment is written in their reading record they will receive a reward point and a raffle ticket which will be kept in a separate reading box. The grand draw will be held at the end of each term, so get reading!
Please take time to read the class letter, timetable and topic web linked to this page to find out more about what the class will be doing daily and the work to be covered over the term.
A reminder that we have an open door policy at school, so please feel free to pop in to see me before or after school, or make an appointment with the office if needed.
Very best wishes,
Across the school we use magical GEM powers to help us with our learning. When we use these powers we sparkle! Find out more about our Gem Powers here.