Welcome to Diamond class
|Teachers||Mrs Sarah Price (Mon, Tue, Wed)
Mrs Sue Griggs (Thur, Fri)
|Teaching Assistants||Mrs Paula Norris|
|PPA cover||Mrs Anita Foster-Bazin & Ascend|
Term 4 2018
Another term has flown by and unbelievably we are now heading into term 4. Term 3 was short, but very busy, with a fantastic trip up the Cherhill Downs to finish it off, where we put all our mapping skills into practise.
Our topic for this term is entitled ‘Vicious Vikings’ and in science we will be investigating the properties of materials, please see the Topic Web for more details about our learning this term.
As part of our BLP (Building Learning Power), this term’s ‘R’ is ‘Resourcefulness’. The children will be developing a range of skills and we encourage you to talk to the children about what they are learning.
- Children need to complete their work in books in appropriate blue pen (no felt-tip or coloured/gel pens) or pencil, and hand it in on the appropriate day.
- The children need to continue to take the responsibility of noting down their home learning each week and any other important information they need to remember, in their home learning records.
- Home learning should only take approximately 20/30 minutes. If your child takes longer to complete the work, please let us know as soon as possible. If it is not possible to complete home learning on the set day, please let us know via the home learning diaries, otherwise your child will have to complete home learning at lunchtime that day.
Home Learning Timetable- Remember this is due in the next day
- Monday – Reading and Spelling activity plus extra Booster homework
- Tuesday – Reading
- Wednesday – Reading and Handwriting
- Thursday – Reading
- Friday – Mental Maths
The children are expected to read at least four times a week, which needs to include their Bug Club book, or an online book, at least twice. Please ensure their reading records are dated and initialed every time they read. Each time your child reads to someone at home and a comment or signature is written in their reading record they will receive a reward point and a raffle ticket which will be kept in a ‘reading reward box’. The grand draw is held at the end of every term – good luck everyone.
We have an open-door policy, so please come in and speak to us if you have any concerns or wish to look at the amazing work that we display on our classroom walls.
Mrs. Price and Mrs. Griggs