Welcome to Diamond class
|Teachers||Mrs Sarah Price (Mon, Tue, Wed)
Mrs Sue Griggs (Thur, Fri)
|Teaching Assistants||Mrs Paula Norris|
|PPA cover||Mrs Anita Foster-Bazin & Go-Active|
Term 1 2017
Welcome back, we hope you have had a fantastic summer and the weather was kind to you. We are really excited about the new academic year and working with the Year 6 children and have lots of great topics planned for the year. The class is set up and ready to go with the work created by the children in transition week (please pop in and have a look).
Our topic for term one is entitled ‘Sensational Saxons’ and the children will be learning about the invasions, village life and how they have affected the present day. If you have any resources that may support this venture please drop them into class. For more information about all the areas of learning this term please see the topic web.
As part of our BLP (Building Learning Power), this term’s ‘R’ is ‘Respect”. The children will be developing a range of skills and we encourage you to talk to the children about what they are learning.
- Children need to complete their work in books in appropriate blue pen (no felt-tip or coloured/gel pens) or pencil, and hand it in on the appropriate day.
- The children need to continue to take the responsibility of noting down their home learning each week and any other important information they need to remember, in their home learning records.
- Home learning should only take approximately 20/30 minutes. If your child takes longer to complete the work, please let us know as soon as possible. If it is not possible to complete home learning on the set day, please let us know via the home learning diaries, otherwise your child will have to complete home learning at lunchtime that day.
Home Learning Timetable- Remember this is due in the next day
- Monday – Reading and Spelling activity
- Tuesday – Reading
- Wednesday – Reading and Handwriting
- Thursday – Reading
- Friday – Mental Maths
The children are expected to read at least four times a week, which needs to include their Bug Club book at least twice. Please ensure their reading records are dated and initialed every time they read. Each time your child reads to someone at home and a comment or signature is written in their reading record they will receive a reward point and a raffle ticket which will be kept in a ‘reading reward box’. The grand draw will be held at the end of each term, so get reading!
We have an open-door policy, so please come in and speak to us if you have any concerns and to look at the amazing work that we display on our classroom walls.
Lets hope the sun keeps shining as it keeps us all smiling!
Mrs. Price and Mrs. Griggs
Across the school we use magical GEM powers to help us with our learning. When we use these powers we sparkle! Find out more about our Gem Powers here.