Welcome to Diamond class
|Teachers||Mrs Sarah Price (Mon, Tue, Wed)
Mrs Sue Griggs (Thur, Fri)
|Teaching Assistants||Mrs Paula Norris|
|PPA cover||Mrs Anita Foster-Bazin & Go-Active|
Term 2 2017
Here we go again! We are really looking forward to our term 2 Super Starter- our trip to Govilon. This is our first visit to the South Wales residential centre and we are all excited to experience the new activities on offer. Please ensure that you read the kit list carefully when packing and make sure the children have lots of warm clothing.
Our topic for term two is entitled ‘Let there be Light’ .Once again we will be taking part in the Calne Lantern parade after designing and building our own lanterns in DT. If you have any resources that may support this venture please drop them into class. For more information about all the areas of learning this term please see the topic web.
As part of our BLP (Building Learning Power), this term’s ‘R’ is ‘Responsibility’. The children will be developing a range of skills and we encourage you to talk to the children about what they are learning.
- Children need to complete their work in books in appropriate blue pen (no felt-tip or coloured/gel pens) or pencil, and hand it in on the appropriate day.
- The children need to continue to take the responsibility of noting down their home learning each week and any other important information they need to remember, in their home learning records.
- Home learning should only take approximately 20/30 minutes. If your child takes longer to complete the work, please let us know as soon as possible. If it is not possible to complete home learning on the set day, please let us know via the home learning diaries, otherwise your child will have to complete home learning at lunchtime that day.
Home Learning Timetable- Remember this is due in the next day
- Monday – Reading and Spelling activity
- Tuesday – Reading
- Wednesday – Reading and Handwriting
- Thursday – Reading
- Friday – Mental Maths
The children are expected to read at least four times a week, which needs to include their Bug Club book at least twice. Please ensure their reading records are dated and initialed every time they read. Each time your child reads to someone at home and a comment or signature is written in their reading record they will receive a reward point and a raffle ticket which will be kept in a ‘reading reward box’. The grand draw will be held at the end of each term, so get reading!
We have an open-door policy, so please come in and speak to us if you have any concerns and to look at the amazing work that we display on our classroom walls.
Lets hope the sun keeps shining for our residential trip!
Mrs. Price and Mrs. Griggs
Across the school we use magical GEM powers to help us with our learning. When we use these powers we sparkle! Find out more about our Gem Powers here.