Welcome to Diamond class
|Teachers||Mrs Sarah Price (Mon, Tue, Wed)
Mrs Sue Griggs (Thur, Fri)
|Teaching Assistants||Mrs Paula Norris|
|PPA cover||Mrs Anita Foster-Bazin & Ascend|
Term 5 2018
We hope you had a fantastic Easter break, enjoyed lots of chocolate and are now ready for another busy term.
Our topic for this term is entitled ‘Local Study’, and we will focus on whether Cherhill should have a new village hall – a real life local issue that should inspire the children. In science we will be focusing on ‘Health Education’. Please see the attached letter for more information about the topics to be covered and to give permission for your child to take part in a delicious DT session.
As part of our BLP (Building Learning Power), this term’s ‘R’ is ‘Resilience’. The children will need to show this skill this term especially during SATs week.
- Children need to complete their work in books in appropriate blue pen (no felt-tip or coloured/gel pens) or pencil, and hand it in on the appropriate day.
- The children need to continue to take the responsibility of noting down their home learning each week and any other important information they need to remember, in their home learning records.
- Home learning should only take approximately 20/30 minutes. If your child takes longer to complete the work, please let us know as soon as possible. If it is not possible to complete home learning on the set day, please let us know via the home learning diaries, otherwise your child will have to complete home learning at lunchtime that day.
Home Learning Timetable- Remember this is due in the next day
- Monday – Reading and Spelling activity plus extra Booster homework
- Tuesday – Reading
- Wednesday – Reading and Handwriting
- Thursday – Reading
- Friday – Mental Maths
The children are expected to read at least four times a week, which needs to include their Bug Club book, or an online book, at least twice. Please ensure their reading records are dated and initialed every time they read. Each time your child reads to someone at home and a comment or signature is written in their reading record they will receive a reward point and a raffle ticket which will be kept in a ‘reading reward box’. The grand draw is held at the end of every term – good luck everyone.
We have an open-door policy, so please come in and speak to us if you have any concerns or wish to look at the amazing work that we display on our classroom walls.
Mrs. Price and Mrs. Griggs