Welcome to Pearl
|Teacher||Mrs Becky Sivyer|
|Teaching Assistant||Mrs Amanda Goodship-Warner|
|PPA cover||Mrs Anita Foster-Bazin & Go-Active|
Welcome to Term 2
I hope you were all able to get some rest this holiday. We have got a very busy and exciting term ahead of us. Please do check the Diary Dates section on the website (under Parent Information) so you don’t miss out on anything.
This term our topic is entitled ‘The Empire Strikes (Back), where we look at The Roman Empire and its impact on Britain. Children will be focusing on Julius Caesar, Hadrian’s Wall, Boudicca and the Romanisation of Britain
Swimming will continue to take place every Wednesday and children will need to have appropriate swimming kit in a named bag. If you are able to help supervise children to and from swimming please let the office know. A big thank you to those parents who are helping already.
The Building Learning Power theme this term is ‘Responsibility‘ which will be a focus throughout the term. Please talk to your children about what they have learnt as part of our BLP work.
Open Door Policy
DON’T FORGET! Here at Cherhill we operate an open door policy. If you need to discuss anything, please feel free to pop into the classroom before or after school starts. If you require a longer meeting please make an appointment via the school office.
- Children need to complete their work in books in appropriate blue pen (no felt-tip or coloured/gel pens) or pencil, and hand it in the next day.
- The children need to continue to take the responsibility to note down their home learning each week and any other important information they need to remember in their home learning records.
- Home learning should only take approximately 20 minutes (7 minutes for brainbusters). If your child takes longer to complete the work, please let us know as soon as possible. If it is not possible to complete home learning on the set day, please let us know via the home learning diaries, otherwise your child will have to complete home learning at lunchtime that day.
- We will recognise those children that consistently complete high quality home learning, with a reward ceremony at the end of each term.
We expect the children to read at least 3 times a week, which needs to include their bug club book at least twice. Each time your child reads to someone at home and a comment is written in their reading record they will receive a reward point and a raffle ticket which will now be kept in a separate reading box. If they manage to read for four consecutive evenings they will receive 2 further raffle tickets. The raffle tickets allow the children entry into The Grand Draw will be held at the end of each term, so get reading!
Home Learning Timetable
- Monday – Reading and Spelling activity
- Tuesday – Reading
- Wednesday – Reading and Handwriting
- Thursday – Reading
- Friday – Reading and Maths (Brainbusters)
As part of Healthy Schools, could we remind you that we encourage healthy eating at snack time and ask that if children bring a snack to school it is healthy (this may include fruit, vegetables and breadsticks).
Mrs B Sivyer
Across the school we use magical GEM powers to help us with our learning. When we use these powers we sparkle! Find out more about our Gem Powers here.